The quarantine restrictions imposed to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus forced recreational and sports centers to temporarily cease operation or limit their capacity, causing major lifestyle adjustments to some people. Although there are condominiums with sports and recreational facilities such as the Victoria Sports Tower Station 2, the risk of contracting Covid-19 hinders many people from going to sports and recreational centers. For those with an active lifestyle, staying at home became a challenge, prompting them to find ways to stay active at the comfort of their homes.
Indoor Physical Activities You Can Try
If you want to maintain a healthy lifestyle, there are various exercises you can do without going to the gym. Here are some of the physical activities that do not require an expansive space:
- Yoga - Among the popular at-home exercises is Yoga. Yoga is an exercise that aims to harmonize the mind and body and improve mental and physical health. Yoga is the perfect activity for employees and students who are having a hard time coping with the work or study from home setup. Through yoga, people will be able to maintain their fitness and lessen the stress caused by the blended arrangement. Yoga online requires a yoga mat, which can be bought online for as low as PhP 200.
- Online dance class - If you want to stay fit and learn a new skill, you can enroll in online dance classes conducted by choreographers, dance coaches, and professional dancers. There are basic dance classes that do not require a large space. If you are not sure if you want to commit to an online dance class, there are trial lessons offered to give potential clients a chance to see if the course fits their preference. You may choose to attend a trial class and enroll afterward if you find it enjoyable.
- Plank - Plank is an exercise that requires you to hold your body weight using your upper body with minimal support from your lower body. Plank looks like a simple exercise, but it is actually challenging to do. Plank is an excellent exercise for those who want to strengthen their core and improve their balance.
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) - If you are longing for an intense workout you usually do at the gym, you can try HIIT routines. HIIT routines can only last for 15 to 30 minutes, making it the ideal workout for those with a tight schedule. HIIT requires a person to do fast hardcore exercises with short intervals, making it an effective workout for those who want to lose or maintain their weight.
- Pilates - Pilates is ideal for people who want to improve their balance and flexibility. There are certain pilates routines that only require an exercise mat and do not require a large floor area.
The major lifestyle adjustments that people have to deal with because of the pandemic has led many people to consider investing in condominiums that offer amenities that can provide fun, entertainment, and comfort. For athletes and sports enthusiasts, condos with sports facilities and fitness centers like Victoria Sports Tower Station 2 are ideal for investment.